Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas Eve is just around the corner

Twas the night before Christmas Eve:  we have tickets, passports, socks, jocks, knickers, shoes, tshirts, a few jumpers, camera, iPhones, laptops, accommodation bookings, car hire receipt, airport hotel booking etc etc etc ready to go for tomorrow night.  A big family Christmas lunch is being prepared for tomorrow and final farewell's to immediate family/cousins etc.  Not forgetting the christmas presents that Chloe has asked about 50 million times "are you sure we will be opening our presents before we go?"...
We have totally stuffed up the traditional McMillin christmas eve of watching the  whole Carols by Candelight from the Myer Music bowl, with eating tons of lollies, chips, nuts, drinks etc because we need to leave for the airport around 8/830pm..  Menace & Thel not happy (but only jokingly has said we have "stuffed it")...  I'm not really sure how I feel about it - I feel a bit emotional, but cannot bring the tears out of my eyes yet. Jeff is not feeling well (always happens once he's finished school), so touch wood, pray etc that he will be ok.  I thought I did a final pack of everything the other night, but yet again, see myself doing another "final pack" for real.
For those following us, a happy christmas for the real christmas day, a happy new year and a glorious 2012. 

God save our gracious queen,
Long live our nobel queen

(oh god, your not going to finish with that everytime comes from the mouth of my loving husband....)
Goodnight, god bless, see you santa in the sky somewhere and yes I do like my new laptop!

No comments:

Post a Comment